Ellem Warren Pty Ltd ACN 160 660 891 trading as Ellem Warren Lawyers (EW, We, Us, Our) recognises the importance of Your privacy, is bound by the Privacy Act 1988, and is committed to protecting any Personal Information We collect about You in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles.
- what Personal Information about You is collected by EW;
- how the information is used;
- with whom the information may be shared;
- how You can access and change any Personal Information EW holds about You;
- what security procedures are in place to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of Your Personal Information by EW; and
- how to contact EW.
- when visiting the EW Website;
- when using EW’s online services;
- when entering into an agreement with EW for the supply of goods and/or services; and
- when You correspond or communicate with EW over the telephone or in any other manner, including by letter, facsimile or email.
In addition to collecting Personal Information directly from You, We may also obtain Personal Information about You from third party sources and other third party service providers.
Failure by You to provide Personal Information when requested by EW may mean that We are unable to most efficiently provide certain services to You or Our clients.
What types of information do We collect?
Types of Information
EW gathers two types of information about You, namely:
- aggregated information generated by Our systems (or third party systems) to track Our Website traffic but that which does not identify You personally; and
- Personal Information about You such as Your name, address, telephone and facsimile number and email address.
The type of information that EW collects about You is dependent on how You use the services offered on Our Website and services You are interested in purchasing through EW.
Collection of aggregate data
EW also collects non-Personal Information in aggregate form to track data such as the total number of visits to Our Website, the number of visits to specific areas of Our Website and the domain names of Our Website visitors’ internet service providers.
We use this information, which remains in aggregate form, to understand how Our Website visitors use Our Website so that We can constantly improve and enhance Our services.
EW may use independent persons to measure and analyse the internet usage across Our Website. These persons collect the following type of information:
- the number of page views that occur on Our Website;
- the number of unique browsers to Our Website;
- how long these unique browsers (on average) spend on Our Website when they do visit; and
- common entry and exit points of Our Website.
Your Internet Provider ("IP") address
EW’s web servers provide Us with your IP address. This assists Us in the diagnosis of problems and/or support issues with Our services.
Cookies and Applets
EW may use ‘cookies’ and may use ‘applets’ in its Website systems. These enable You to use certain services on Our Website. You can disable cookies and applets via Your computer’s web browser, but this may restrict access to some web pages and services within the EW Website.
How We collect Information
EW may collect Personal Information about You when You visit Our Website, when you use Our on-line services and when You deal with EW over the telephone or correspond with EW via facsimile, letter or email or any other mode of communication.
EW may also collect Personal Information about You from other third party service providers.
How We use Your Personal Information
EW may use Your Personal Information for one or more of the following purposes:
- to communicate with You, including via email newsletters;
- to facilitate and process contacts between You and EW and/or third parties;
- to identify the number of people using EW’s Website services and establish the nature of their interests;
- to conduct EW marketing activities; and
- to provide You with information about EW and its services.
Disclosure of Personal Information to third parties
EW will disclose Your Personal Information to third parties in order to facilitate providing goods and services to You or to others with whom you are dealing or have dealt with.
Where Your Personal Information is passed on to third party contractors, EW will take reasonable steps to ensure that those individuals and/or organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of Your Personal Information.
Access to and correction of information We hold about You
Upon Your request, EW will provide You with access to Your Personal Information unless there is an exception which applies under the Australian Privacy Principles. If We deny such access, We will tell You why.
Keeping information up-to-date
EW strives to ensure that the information We hold about You is accurate, complete and up-to-date at all times.
Storage and security of Your Personal Information
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure.
Whilst EW strives to protect such information, We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information You transmit to Us. Accordingly, You use Our Website and provide Personal Information to Us at Your own risk.
Once any Personal Information comes into Our possession, We will take reasonable steps to protect that information from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Links to other websites
The EW Website contains links to other websites. Please note that these links are intended for Your convenience and information only.
Links to third party websites do not constitute endorsement, sponsorship or approval by EW of the content, policies or practices of those third party websites.
If You have any concerns regarding Your privacy when visiting a linked third party website, You should ensure that You check the privacy statement/policies of those websites.
For further information about the protection of Your privacy, please visit the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner’s website at www.oaic.gov.au.
Feedback and questions about privacy and the EW Website
EW welcomes ideas and feedback about all aspects of the EW Website. This feedback may be used to administer and refine the services We provide and may be shared with EW partners either in aggregate form or with specific identifying characteristics removed.
Meaning of Words
- Australian Privacy Principles means the Australian Privacy Principles contained in Schedule 3 to the Privacy Act 1988 (or an applicable privacy code approved by the Federal Privacy Commissioner pursuant to that Act).
- Personal Information means any information or an opinion about You from which Your identity is apparent or can reasonably be ascertained.