Ellem Warren Lawyers provides all the employment and workplace solutions that businesses need.
- Advocacy and Dispute Resolution.
- Bullying, Discrimination and Harassment.
- Business Transfer and Insolvency issues.
- Collective Agreements / Enterprise Bargaining.
- Contractor / Labour Hire Management.
- Employment Contracts.
- HR Planning and Structuring.
- Incident investigations.
- Performance and Discipline management.
- Policy and Procedure development.
- Restraints and Confidentiality Protection.
- Unfair Dismissals.
- Workplace Health and Safety.
- Reviewing engagement arrangements for a variety of businesses, including several in the construction, resources, manufacturing and transport industries, a national medical chain, a national accounting practice and a national contract cleaning business, including:
- Employment contracts, including for executives with bonus, profit share and incentive schemes; independent contractor agreements;collective / enterprise agreements.
- Developing workplace and privacy policies, including dealing with internet and email, alcohol and drug testing, bullying and discrimination, discipline, termination and procedural fairness.
- Workplace health and safety advisory, including for mine sites (e.g. electrical injury), construction involving labour hire (loss of eye), manufacturing (stress) and a warehouse (fingers and spinal):
“front-end” – assisting with safety training, needs assessment, and incident management policies and procedures;
“back-end” – internal and regulatory agency investigations, prosecutions and personal injuries management (both statutory insurance schemes and common law claims).
- Advising in regard to preserved entitlements and transitional issues for transfers of businesses and in insolvency, and GEERS.
- Claims for damages and injunctive relief, for both employers and employees, in regard to restraints, confidentiality, intellectual property and “poaching” claims.
- Handling numerous unfair dismissal claims, and discrimination and bullying claims, including for and against employers: e.g. pregnant woman against a marketing agency; Indian taxi drivers against newspaper; and criminal record discrimination in the Human Rights and Equal Opportunity Commission.
- Investigations and handling of alleged criminal misconduct, including fraud and theft by a bookkeeper and sexual harassment and assault in a real estate office, and referral to the police.
Acting for a national labour hire business, and for joint venture parties on a mining infrastructure project, handling a range of issues involving overlapping responsibility.