Ellem Warren Lawyers’ senior personnel have developed an enviable reputation for achieving results through innovative thinking. With a dedicated team of legal staff led by directors, Richard Ellem and Ben Warren your commercial and corporate legal needs can be satisfied.
We keep up-to-date with changes relevant to highly regulated industries: banking and finance; franchising; and managed investments by maintaining an active role through memberships to key organisations, an extensive network of industry contacts, and constant monitoring of markets.
We practice in:
- Business Law
- Capital Raising
- Compliance and Governance
- Corporate Law
- Due Diligence
- Partnerships and Joint Ventures
- Public and Private Companies
Ellem Waren Lawyers ensures effective communication through use of plain English, helping to make sense of complex transactions, permitting clients to focus on their strategic direction.
Our senior personnel have provided quality advice to all manner of companies and their directors, from small privately owned independent companies to large private and public listed companies, including:
- Providing innovative strategies for effective tax management on purchases, including GST and CGT, stamp duty and land tax.
- Advising a publicly listed company on issues such as:
- Additional capital raising;
- Australian financial services licence requirements;
- compliance with the Corporations Act and ASX Listing Rules; and
- corporate governance.
- Advice to business owners regarding the best franchise structure, needs analysis, and preparation of all documentation required to comply with the Franchising Code.
- Preparation of prospectuses for public companies, including:
- Capital raising of up to $8,500,000 for a property syndicate;
- Fixed interest rate debenture raising $2,000,000;
- Fixed rate development preference shares raising $4,000,000.
- Providing intellectual property advice, including structuring for asset protection, personal property securities issues, trade mark registration (domestically and overseas), copyright, patents and negotiation of disputes in relation to intellectual property rights.
- Preparation of a suite of plain English contracts for the industry representative bodies, including commercial contract of sale, commercial and retail tenancy and management agreement.
- Working with your accountants on tax effective structuring, including as part of a new business or share acquisition or sale.
- Shareholders agreements.